Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where Did They Get That From?

I have been a bit surprised by the words that have been coming out of my children's mouths as of late. I mean all children have cute sweet things to say all the time. Then you are thrown a curve ball.

A few weeks ago...
Mr. Montana gets home from the store.
Bella decided to go into the kitchen to see what goodies we didn't need, but he got anyway.

"What in the Hell were you doing at the store Dad"

I'm laughing to the point of not even being able to say anything to this wonderful comment.
I get the death look from Scott who is busy trying to pick his jaw up from the ground.

"First Bella I went to the store to pick up a few things, Second we do not say Hell "

I'm still laughing uncontrollably and still getting the look of death from Scott who informs me that my laughing doesn't help when he is trying to tell our 5 year old that Hell isn't a word we say.

"Okay Dad, but what in the HELL where you doing at the store"

I was forced to get up and walk away laughing so hard I knew a trip to the ladies room was in order.



So I have a now 3 year old who has been a bit late with talking we have been trying really hard to get her to say new words.

Spoon would be a "poon"
Fork sounds like the F BOMB
and then the newest we have been working on is her last name.
Once again it sounds just like the F BOMB with an ER on the end.


My Sweet Baby boy who at 7 knows for the most part right from wrong and things he should say, and the things he really shouldn't say.
While frustrated with Chloe for pulling apart his fort he worked so hard on. Really I'm the one who put it together, but for some reason he feels like he did it all himself.

"Dammit MOM Chloe pulled my fort apart"
followed by
"I mean, MOM Chloe pulled apart my damn fort"
then corrected before I had a chance to say anything
"MOM can you please come fix my fort Chloe took it down again"

I have longed for the day my son was able to read. For a long time I never and I mean NEVER thought that day would come. I questioned us homeschooling thinking I had screwed him up FOREVER. Anyway my baby boy is reading like a crazy man... Well as long as he can sound it out.
Anyway....

I was on the phone the other day with a friend who's son we had to stop spelling around a LONG time ago. I felt I was safe to spell because her son couldn't hear me. RIGHT... WRONG so WRONG.

"I'm going to sell the new puppy. He S-H-I-T in the house again"

Avery was sitting next to me watching a movie, but yet he must have been listening to everything I was saying.

" SH made the SSHH sound, IT spells it "

I tell my friend to hang on and listen for a second as this point I just know my spelling days are over.

"SSHH IT.... Sh i T.... SHIT! BELLA MOM JUST SPELLED A BAD WORD!"

Great so not only does my son know a curse word he can now spell one too.


Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: