Monday, July 21, 2008

Oompa Loompa's and here we go again....

Yesterday there was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Marathon (on ABC Family).

So we watched the original one first then we watched about 20 minutes or so of the remake. Is it just me or does Johnny Depp creep anyone else out in this movie?

Anyway so I was talking about the Oompa Loompa's in the original movie.

Just then my son goes....

Hey Mom is it ok to call the "little people" Oompa Loompa's?

I think most everyone knows that we have been having issues with this. If not go back and read the blogs I wrote about it.

Me " Yes Avery, because they are Oompa Loompa's"

I thought this would be enough to end the conversation right then. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Avery " So are all "little people" Oompa Loompa's ? Can I call them Oompa Loompa's and not little people ?"

Me " Avery the little people were playing Oompa Loompa's. Just Like The man who plays Willie Wonka also plays Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. They are just pretending like when you play dress up"

Avery " So are they little people, or Oompa Loompa's ?" Does that mean that Jack Sparrow isnt really a Pirate? He's playing Dress up? "

What does one say to that?

Thank god at this point Chloe was freaking out in the other room and I was able to run to get her so I'm really hoping that my son forgot.

I'm sure we will find out one day.

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: