Monday, February 2, 2009

Sisterly Lessons

Do you ever feel like you spend all day just repeating yourself?

Second runner up to the word "No" would have to be "Monkey See, Monkey Do"

Chloe is into EVERYTHING and feels that she should be able to do everything that the big kids do. She doesn't understand that just because they can do things, that it is either unsafe or just something that a 2 year old really shouldn't be doing in the first place.

Avery and Bella get their own cups if they need a drink of water or something of that sort. They are able to climb onto the counter not that I'm happy about it, but 99.9% of the time they do this when I'm not in the room. Chloe being little anyway and plus onto of that she is just a tiny two year old as well. She has become very resourceful in figuring out ways to do everything they do.

Pushing random pieces of furniture into the kitchen to be able to climb onto the counter. I remind the kids of the "Monkey see, Monkey do" far to often. All I ask is that they do something that Chloe shouldn't even think of doing to make sure she isn't in the room.

Bella took things into her own hands today and decided to teach Chloe a thing or two.

I walked in on this conversation that my 4 year old was having with my 2 year old.

" Chloe just because you see Brother and I doing something, doesn't really mean you need to do it. We cant always make sure you are out of the room when we want to do something. Sometimes a girl just needs a drink of water."

Chloe replies with "K" and then starts to get up.

"Chloe, we are not finished talking yet. Please sit down so we can talk about this."

She sits again....

"Now Chloe we are going to learn something new today. It is called Monkey See, Monkey DON'T do. This means that you will not try to do everything that Brother and I do. You can watch, but you are not allowed to copy us. Do you understand what I'm telling you?"

"Yes BaBa" Chloe replies

"Good you can do play now, but remember Monkey see, Monkey DON'T do"

Chloe gets up goes over to the table and starts pushing a chair into the kitchen and then attempts to climb onto the counter.

"Chloe you just don't listen do you? We just got done talking about this. Then you just go and do it again. What are we going to do with you? Do you need a timeout?

Chloe removes herself from the chair pushes back to the table. Looks at Bella and blows her a kiss and then asks for a hug.

"Good girl Chloe! You listened to your big sister! Good thing too because one day I'll be a grown up before you and I wouldn't want to take your toys away for not listening to me"

Miss Bella never once did remove her hands from her hips nor did she ever stop tapping her toe while they had their little talk.

I wonder who is going to wear the pants in her family? Until she has one of her own I guess Mr. Montana and I will try to be the ones wearing them here. I'll let you know if it works....

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: