Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear General Mills

To whom this may concern,


First off I will start by saying that our family loves your products. Honey Nut Cheerios are eaten daily for breakfast by my children and I'm sure that wont change anytime soon.

Second I know that eating a good breakfast is a great way to start the day, but when it involves fighting over a toy, a single toy you decided to place in the box. It really turns breakfast into the biggest pain in the rear.

When did you decide that it was okay to start placing toys back into the boxes of Cereal without talking to parents first? For the families that only have a single child I'm sure its not problem, but for families like mine or lets say the Duggar family who has 18 children it poses a HUGE problem. Who gets the toy? The child who can read and know that there is a toy in the box? Or the child who starts screaming because there isn't a toy for her? Then you give the toy to the screaming child, and the child who first found out there was a toy in the box is now pouting.

So tell me Mr. General Mills who do I give the toy to? I can handle the boxes of Cereal that you place those super cool little books in. At least we can read over breakfast and learn something fun. But that last thing I need to deal with before I have had my coffee is fighting over a really dumb plastic Madagascar Zebra toy. I will tell you now that by the end of the day its going to end up in the trash anyway.

Why don't you just save everyone the trouble and only include books in the boxes of cereal or make it so we have to send away for the toys. Then it's left up to us parents if we want to deal with it.

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: