Monday, November 24, 2008

No I Didnt Forget

So I haven't forgotten about my blog. Nor did I forget that I haven't finished writing about Chloe and her oh so very rough 2 years.

The truth is that I have been spending almost every free minute with Angel, who is my next door neighbor and a really great new friend!

We have spent the last 2 weeks sewing like crazy people! And I thought that Blogging and Coffee was a true addiction. I was wrong.....

Coffee is still my #1 addiction, but now sewing is right up there with Coffee.

Angel and I are going to be doing our very first ever Holiday Bazaar on December 6th. I just hope and pray that everyone loves them as much as we do! We better get some custom orders out of the deal too. I really don't want to force Bella and Chloe to wear a different apron every day just to make me feel better that I spent countless hours making them.

Today we are going to finish up what we started yesterday along with attempt to make a few boys tool belts so the little guys don't feel left. Cause boy oh boy are the aprons cute!

Alright I feel better now I have written a blog. Dinner is already made and its not even 10am yet. Thank goodness for the slow cooker because now I don't have to worry about doing anything else besides sewing until the Hubby gets home. Nothing like a little Refrigerator Soup for Dinner.

For those of you who have no idea what Refrigerator Soup is. You take a little bit of whatever you have in your fridge throw it into a pot add water and call it soup! I did plan for it and mostly picked up everything for it.

My idea of Refrigerator soup and who I got the idea from is way different. My EX- step father's mother would make this soup once a week.

One day while sitting down to dinner after spending a whole week with them while my Mother and Step Father were out of town. I looked at my spoonful of this soup and noticed something....

There was a little bit of everything from a full weeks worth of dinner. His parents lived through the depression and well like most people who did you WASTE NOTHING. I mean nothing so she would take a weeks worth of leftovers toss them in a pot and serve it as soup before any of the leftovers went bad.

I have thought about it many times with my family only because at the first sight of leftovers not only my children, but my hubby as well start looking for ANYTHING they can find to eat besides what I was planning on serving.

Well I'm off I hear Galloping Gerty in the other room calling my name. I must shower then start sewing so I feel like I got something done today.

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

PS. Galloping Gerty is my sewing machine.... Before Angel helped me lube her up well the name says it all.. Doesn't it?

No comments: