Thursday, September 25, 2008

How come 5:30 comes so early?


Why is it that when you need to be up at a certain time is when your children decide to sleep in?

For the last week or so I have been watching a one year old from the neighborhood. I figured having someone here for Chloe to pay with would allow the big kids and I to get School work done and make a few bucks in the process. Well I was wrong.... My sweet Chloe has turned into a mean little stinker who doesn't like to share and every time you go near something of hers she yells "MINE" We have done about 2 days worth of School work in the last almost 2 weeks. I think I might have taken on a bit to much. Avery and Bella love having someone else here so they seem to be doing okay until they want to do something that the little kids cant.

First off 5:30 comes really early and it should be a law requiring people to sleep in until at least 9am. I never have and never will be a morning person anyone that knows me knows this.

Second the last two days I have gotten up before my alarm even goes off. I have no idea why I'm doing this to myself. To top it off the last two days the little girl that I have been taking care of has been sick. You would think I would be jumping for joy since that's one less little person to deal with. I wish I would have know this last night and I could have slept in! My kids didn't get up until after 9 today... They must have read my memo requesting the 9am law to be put into effect.

Third I have always asked for pre payment for the week. Every family I have ever worked for has paid first thing Monday morning all but one. That was the first and only time I did this.... Why you ask because people like to stiff ya! So when I told the new family about my payment rule that I made for myself. If I were a daycare center that's how it would be... Payment the first of the month PERIOD. When they asked if they could pay me every two weeks on their paydays I said it would be fine. Maybe its because they live a block away and its not like they are going to have me watch their kid not pay then move.

So this brings me to my forth and finial rant for the day...

That payday was this past Friday for them. Did it become a payday for me? Nope it sure didn't, but I figured Monday it wasn't a huge deal. Monday came it was a bit of a mad house around here when they picked her up. Chloe fell head first off the table and was now vomiting all over the place so I was trying to get out the door to take her to the ER. So I didn't get a chance to say anything. I sent the mother an email later that night asking about it. The reply was I'm so sorry I spaced it thanks for reminding me. Then I was told she would swing a check by after she gets home from work. The dad picked the kid up and then we waited......

At about 6 I call and say just bring it tomorrow when you drop her off. The next day I'm up before the alarm goes off. I get my stuff done and then I wait.... So its been more than an hour since the normal drop off time when the phone rings. " I'm sorry I meant to call sooner, but lost track of time. The Baby has a high fever so I'm going to stay home, and I'll drop your check off here in a bit" No big deal right.... WRONG

No phone call or anything I called her at about 4:30 or so. I'm going to send one of my girls over with your check. We wait and at 6pm I called there was no answer I left a message saying that I'm going to the store... Just bring it in the morning.

I get up once again too early today... I wait the dad shows up at about 7 kidless and with a check. The kid is still sick, but here's your paycheck! I close the door look at the check. It's 100 bucks short!

Someone anyone please tell me why I do this to myself?

Here it is not even 10:30 and I'm ready for a nap! And I want a new job you know the kind that pays when they say they are going to and pays you what they owe you.

Sorry for the Rant.... I had to take it out on something.... Why not blog right?

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: