Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Last Lecture By Randy Pausch

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” --Randy Pausch



I had first heard about Randy Pausch last year and I knew of the Last Lecture.


A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of the Last Lecture. I'm still not finished reading it, but with the kiddo's fisishing a book in less than a month doesnt happen here.


Last night I was able to watch him at Carnegie Mellon University where on September 18, 2007 Randy Pausch a computer science professor delivered the Last Lecture called “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.”


First off what a truly Amazing Man. Knowing fully that this Lecture wasnt writen for us, but for his 3 Children. I know that I have a new look at life and I'm sure most of you would too after reading or hearing The Last Lecture.


Sadly on July 25, 2008 Randy lost his battle to pancreatic cancer.


His story and His Last Lecture will forever remain in my heart and will continue to inspire many like myself for years to come.


If you havent yet read or havent been able to watch The Last Lecture. You need to either drive down to your local book store and pick up a copy or go to the website and order it or watch it. I promise you that its worth every penny not only for you, but your family as well.



Until Next Time,

Taylor


PS. Most of you know that Avery has been asking to paint his room Orange. It has been his "Color" since he was about 2. We will be painting Avery's room his favorate shade of Orange! Remembering Randy and his Parents who allowed him to paint his room anyway he wanted. That played a part in Randy Pausch in “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.”

No comments: