Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Just Dont Understand People


Seriously...

Melamine in infant formula? Just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse than when it was found in our pet food.

I cant even begin to think about how the parents of the 6,200 Children who are sick from the tainted milk formula feel right now. At least 3 children have passed away and more than 1,300 other most of who are newborns remain in the hospital. There are Dozens of Children who are suffering from Acute Kidney Failure.

What is happening to our world? As if we don't have enough things to worry about when it comes to our kids. I'm sorry, but what happened to the good old days when I kids could play alone outside until the street lights came on. How about when once upon a time kids could go door to door tricker treating without having to worry about someone putting something in their candy? Remember when Autism wasn't something people worried about Daily? There were 5 kids alone at Avery's preschool that were on the spectrum somewhere in just one year! I will get back to that topic in another blog.

So now parents get to worry about the food that we are giving out children is going to harm them? What kind of person or people for that matter could do something like this? They are helpless babies for crying out loud. There are only so many things we can do as parents to keep our kids healthy....

We have gone all organic for everything and I thought that all we needed to worry about in food were pesticides and other nasty additives. Guess I was wrong now we get to think twice before we hand out babies a bottle.

Next time I decide to have another baby if there is a next time. It's Breastfeeding, cloth diapers and homemade baby food.

Time for me to start making my kids each a bubble to live in.


Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: