Friday, October 3, 2008

Got Milk?

Yesterday Evening while I was nursing Chloe and Watching the debate. Miss Bella decides to come over and sit by me. I guess in a way I have been waiting the last almost two years for this question to come up and was hoping that it never would.

"Hey Mom" Bella says with a puzzled look on her face
"How do you make Milk?"

I had no idea how to answer that. I'm sure the poor girl is thinking about a gallon of milk we buy from the store and figuring that is what it is. I turn to Scott with "Help me here! I have no idea how to answer that without completely freaking her out"

Scott a bit bothered that I'm even asking for his help while the debate is on. Without even thinking about it he replies with.

"Mom's just make Milk" short sweet and to the point.

Bella looks at me

"Like Pigs do!"
"Yes Bella"
"And Cows?"
"Yep"
" Dogs too!"
"Yes Bella"
"Cats!"
"Yes Bella all animals make milk to feed their babies"
"And horses?"
"All animals Bella"

At this point I'm starting to wonder if she is ever going to stop.

"Even Bears?"
"What about Elephants?"
"Yes Bella all animals"
"All animals?"
"Yes Isabella all animals"
"Mom are you sure?"
"Yes"
"Okay Mom thanks, so how do mom's make the milk?"

I couldn't take it any longer so I got up and walked away.
Nothing like having your four year old compare you to everything that lives on a farm!

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: