Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Guess the Coffee was Bad


A woman in Fort Pierce Florida decided to go to jail rather than pay her bill at a Fort Pierce Waffle House restaurant. The total she went to jail over: $ 7.45. According to a police report. The woman ordered coffee and a sandwich a the restaurant on Saturday, but refused to pay the bill.


I guess she was asked by an officer to pay her bill or go to jail and she refused to pay the bill.


She was released Monday from the St. Lucie County Jail. She was charged with obtaining food or lodging with the intent to defraud, a second degree misdemeanor.


I figured you all would want to know just in case you decide to order and not want to pay. I will not bail you out.... Don't bother calling because my phone doesn't allow collect calls.


If convicted of a second degree misdemeanor she could face up to 60 days in jail and a fine of $500..... I'm guessing she wishes she would have paid the $7.45.


Maybe not it could have been a really bad cup of coffee and who knows maybe there was something nasty in the sandwich!


Until Next Time,

JUST MOM

No comments: