Thursday, October 2, 2008

Only Child

In 14 days we will be packing up the good old mini van and starting our journey to Spokane to meet Nanna and Grandpa. The big kids are going to be gone for a WHOLE WEEK! I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm excited for them because they are going to have so much fun. They have so many things planned for them. They are evening going Camping this is something you really couldn't pay me to do. I'm a 110% indoor girl and plan on staying that way.

Last night it hit me....

I cant believe that I hadn't thought of it sooner. It's been a little over 4 years since I only had one child. Now I cant wait to do things with Chloe that I wouldn't be able to do with all 3! You know all the things I did with Avery, but never had the chance to do with Bella. Poor Bella the middle Child never gets anything. If that were only a true statement....

The plan is to surprise the big kids when they get back. We are going to be painting their rooms! Still trying to figure out how to make Avery's future Orange room look less Orange. I have been trying to talk him into some sort of Blue with Orange accents, but with no luck I think I'm just going to give up and go for the Orange. Bella's room will be painted Dragon Fruit it's the greatest shade of Hot Pink, but yet its not really hot pink it's just perfect for my pink loving baby girl!

I know what your thinking....

How could I let the boy pick Orange for his bedroom. If it wasn't for the fact that it has always been Avery's color of choice we wouldn't be doing it. When he was one he had this Orange shirt that he wore everywhere. Anytime it was time to get dressed he had to have it. After Bella was born I had taken him to see some Dino's I had spent most of his life trying to make him "Love" then as much as I did. I was so happy that day when he picked out a Dino shirt from the gift shop. It wasn't until we got out to the car that I figured out why he picked it out in the first place. Yep, It was Orange bright Orange at that. Once he started Preschool all of his School work that first year was always done in Orange whether they were painting, using color crayons or markers. That was the year the drew full body self portraits, and yes he was all Orange!

Since things have never really changed I have a feeling Orange will be his color so why not paint his room how he wants it. Bella doesn't really care as long as its Pink, but not what she calls "Chloe Pink". It must be darker than baby pink and it better be Bright. Chloe's room will be painted light pink with white stripes. I'm sure if she could talk she would want her room painted the color of a monkey, but thank goodness she cant. We will just make sure that she is surrounded by her sweet monkeys and I'm sure she will be happy!

I cant believe that I am going to have one full week with only one child. What am I goin to do with myself? What if I decide that I don't want the big kids to come home? I wonder if Scott's parents would mind?

Why is it that every time I sit down to write Chloe has Clothes on. Then by the time I'm done shes running around here naked? I guess that means I should go and get my soon to be two year old dressed. Plus Avery has been bothering me for the last hour to play computer games. Why did I feel the need to show him that on the lego website you can play games?


Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: