Thursday, October 23, 2008

Best News Ever!!

And no I'm not Pregnant...
I don't really think that if I were it would be good news. The blog would be titled "Padded Room Please"

Yesterday was Chloe 2 year Cardiology check up! I called Tuesday in hopes to get in sometime next week and well I was told to come in the next day. To think I thought that was great news being able to take Chloe alone without the big kids.

Now are you ready for the really really really really really really good news? My sweet baby with who has holes in her heart and a temperamental bowel. Doesn't need to see Dr. Stamm again for 2 years!!!!!! Its hard to think that in 2 short years my baby will be 4.

So the Ventricular Septal Defect remains, but its small. I guess most VSD close by the time a child is 2 if its going to close. He remains hopeful that it will close by the time she is 4, but most likely it wont. She will not require it to be patched nor will she need antibiotics before going to the dentist. Chloe is still small as if we didn't know that by looking at her, but they are thinking this is because she was just born early. And not because of her heart and well being small and a girl isn't a bad thing. I'm sure we will all wish we could fit into her size zero pants when shes 15.

It's hard to look at Chloe and not remember all the hard times. Then when you watch her run around the house, coloring on walls and eating markers we are so very lucky she is her today. There was a point in time that we had no idea if we were going to be able to watch her grow up and turn into the sweet, wild and crazy soon to be 2 year old that she is.

I know we are really lucky to have had this outcome. I thank God daily for my sweet baby girl. Even though the first year was really hard and so was most of the second. I wouldn't trade it for anything. She has shown us how to love more and be thankful for what we have. Life if such a special thing and I know how truly special it really is.

Chloe wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the wonderful Doctors and Nurses at Children's Hospital and the great Nurses at Evergreen Hospital's Breastfeeding Center. We love you Dr. Thomas, Dr. Stamm, I wish I were able to list all the nurses at Children's that helped us while we were there, but I know we don't have that kind of time. Thank you Karen and Sally at Evergreen you helped Chloe so much. If it weren't for you two Chloe wouldn't be here today.

Remember 1 out of every 100 babies born will be born with a Congenital Heart Defect. If you don't know someone now you will. If you would like any information on Congenital Heart Defects or how you can help raise awareness please feel free to email me.



width=110 height=110 vspace="5" border=0 alt="Help Spread Congenital
Heart Defects Awareness">




Until Next Time,
Just MOM

No comments: