Thursday, January 8, 2009

At Least I Can Laugh About It Now


Weeks before she was born I spent hours with Mr. Montana painting her room the perfect shade of pale green. That matched the green that was in her bedding. I washed all of her clothes and placed them in her dresser and hung all of her dresses in her closet.

Funny this is most of what we had for her she would never get the chance to wear. My oldest was born almost a month early weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce. This should have been a clue.

The night before Miss Isabella was born I packed our bag for the Hospital I remember that I was really worried that her oh so very cute going home outfit wasn't going to fit. I thought that it was going to be too big.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Miss Isabella joined us on June 16, 2004 shortly after 1pm weighing in at 10 pounds 2 ounces. Everyone who had been in the room including my Doctor waited for her to be weighed. Once the results were in Dr. Russell replied with I knew you could do it. Thank Goodness she wasn't any bigger than that or we would have had a huge problem.

Bella only got stuck for a second when I had 3 nurses pushing on my belly from all sides. Once Bella was here they searched for size 1 diapers and a bigger shirt for her to wear.

Everyone who came into the room couldn't stop commenting on her size. She didn't even fit in the sink for her first bath it was more of a wash and hold under the running water to rinse. Here I thought she was so small. I couldn't have been more wrong.

By the time we were ready to leave the next day I was tired of the "Oh My I need both hands to pick her up" and the "How much did she weigh comments" I was more than ready to go home. It took Mr. Montana and I a few minutes before Bella got her picture taken to make sure her outfit looked like it fit. I wasn't able to snap the crotch of her shirt and the pants we were forced to make low riders to cover her legs.

We had to make one stop before we could take our new baby home. We needed Diapers...

Yes I did have a huge supply of newborn diapers, but there was no way we were going to be able to use them.

While in babies r us making our way to diapers. I'm in Baby Heaven when I asked a woman how old her baby was. 3 months was the reply this baby was so small and little. Then she asked me how old Bella was. When I replied with almost 24 hours old, the look I got from this woman was priceless. I wish I could have taken a picture for all to see....

Bella was HUGE I know this now thank GOD she isn't anymore. You wouldn't know by looking at her now.

That was the day I took my new baby who was the Size of a 6 month old home. A day I have a feeling I will never ever forget.
Until Next Time,
Just MOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my first was 9# and my second was about the size of you second sans 1/2 oz. :) And yesh - they are much more PLEASING looking than the 6# variety. I wonder if the dr. got the age of your 1st born in utero right ...??? I mean 1 month early and 8# - what's UP with that .. you must be a good eater. :) I always was during pregnancy. :) 50# I gained with both - but I PROMISED myself to WATCH my weight with my second and I watched it GO UP to 50# and then pop - delivery. :) Don't worry those hips will probably do okay with a slightly bigger child IF you have anymore. :) I think the baby clothes were designed bigger in the old days - I don't remember that much that my son or daughter couldn't wear b'c of sizes.

Anonymous said...

oh - about baby clothes in the old days - I do vaguely remember people complaining that they were typically TOO BIG ... so maybe they've re-vamped the sizes b'c of all the premies?