Friday, January 23, 2009

Indescribable Feeling

Last night the kiddo's and I went to the store to get a few items for dinner.
After we were done shopping we returned to the car I loaded the kids in first.
Then I unloaded our shopping cart, closed the door then walked not even 5 feet over to the cart return.

I opened my car door and started to sit when my son....

"MOM those People just took Chloe"

It took less than a second for me to turn my head to see that she was in the car.

The feelings that I had the very second Avery said what he had are Indescribable. My heart sank into to my toes, I felt sick and ready to cry.

For that split second I felt so many feelings at once I cant even put it into words.

I don't think my son has ever been in so much trouble. We have had problems with what he likes to call " just teasing" his teasing had turned from simple little things to just out right lying.

I don't know if it is just a six year old thing or what. I have some work ahead of me that's for sure.

Until Next Time,
Just MOM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son STILL lies to me and he's 27 - but some of that is just trying to avoid my opinion.
You could've teased him back and said - IF that happened it would be YOUR fault! That may or may not sober him up?
If I were you - did you discipline him at all for this? - I would disconnect the button of FEAR about your children being stolen. I didn't talk to my children about this much - the "don't talk to strangers" is about as far as I got. Don't remember much else.
You need to find out why he would do this. I would've put him in bed when you got home and that would've been it for the nite. But that's just me. Something - find his achilles heel and whack it a couple times.
You KNEW in your mind that it was IMPOSSIBLE for that to occur - b'c you were not from your car for long enuf.
I would also see if your son feels that you love him or that it's expressed enuf.
Was his sis a pain to him in the store and he'd rather she went away for a while?
Part of his joy is seeing your response - so if you could take a *deep breath* - turn around and look at him and say "THAT WASN'T FUNNY"!
Does his Dad tease like this at all?
Anyway, I wrote a LONGER response to this - but it discapeared ... *sigh* ... God bless and I'll be praying for you ... it's always rough when they do this...

Anonymous said...

Oh good gracious! You poor thing, I think I would have had a heart attack. I hope you never have a scare like this again.