Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paper Problems

I'm not talking about Newspaper, or Construction paper, Notebook paper or even Printer Paper.

I'm talking about Toilet Paper...

Now I know I'm not the only one with children who is faced with this problem. For as long as my children have been able to move on their own. The paper in the bathroom has been something they have always headed for.

I have two children who are potty trained and one who is not. The two who use the potty seem to have two very different problems when it comes to TP.

Here are a few of my daily conversations with them. Yes they take place daily so I am able to recite them in my sleep.

"Bella why have you changed your clothes again?"
" Well mom my pants got wet, and since I had to change my pants the shirt I had on didn't match anymore. So I had to change it too."
"How did your pants get wet?"
"I'm not sure, but I think I might have forgotten to wipe after I went potty"
"AGAIN!"
"I was just really really busy mom and I just forgot. It's okay mom really it is. I don't like to wipe so I didn't really forget. Sorry MOM"

So I kindly remind her to wipe that everyone wipes and so should she. Bella agrees the next time she uses the potty she will "TRY" to remember.

Now moving on to the second paper problem we have. While I have one child who feels there is no need to use TP. I have one who likes to use a whole roll per bathroom visit.

Now I know you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I feel like a plumber, who is always dealing with a clogged toilet. This happens at least once a day, its never in the same bathroom so I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off when this next thing happens.

Now I never know about the clogged potty until....

Bella without fail always finds the potty that is now without TP on the roll since its all in the toilet.

"MOM I'm DONE"
Once I track the yelling, screaming child down and walk into the room. I am greeted with "MOM there isn't any TP"

Once the paper is found and I flush the potty.... 9 times out of 10 this is when I am alerted to the clogged toilet. You would think that I would learn that an empty TP roll = huge bathroom mess in 2.2 seconds.

OH NO I don't think I will ever learn that one...

Normally I say something like "Why does he need to use so much paper?" when Miss Bella is always close enough to hear replies with "Everyone should wipe right? So does that mean you cant use as much as you need?"

I walk away hoping not to repeat the same thing tomorrow and well it always happens.
I wonder what it is going to be like when all 3 are using the potty. Time to stalk up on TP,Plungers, and gloves.
Now if I could only get her to stop changing her clothes every 5 minutes even when they arent wet it would sure save me time on laundry.

Until Next Time,
Plumber MOM


PS. I wish I could get my hands on this! Then all my TP problems would be solved!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to check out this blog - and brace yourself cause it really fancy. :) She has a funny toitee paper story too: http://stillseekingsanity.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

I am so glad I am not alone here! My daughter tends to skip the wiping and my son uses the whole roll too! We have 2 bathrooms, yet I can never remember to buy a 2nd plunger and of course it is ALWAYS in the bathroom downstairs, when I need it upstairs! Thanks for sharing!